About the Conference
This annual conference has become a major technical event in the field of Computational Intelligence and its application to problems in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, chemical informatics, bioengineering and related fields. The conference provides a global forum for academic and industrial scientists from a range of fields including computer science, biology, chemistry, medicine, mathematics, statistics, and engineering, to discuss and present their latest research findings from theory to applications.
This conference will bring together top researchers, practitioners, and students from around the world to discuss the latest advances in the field of computational intelligence and its application to real world problems in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, synthetic biology, biomedicine, chemical informatics, bioengineering and related fields.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
CI in Bioinformatics
- Evolution, phylogeny, comparative genomics
- Gene expression array analysis
- Metabolic pathway analysis
- MicroRNA analysis
- Molecular sequence alignment and analysis
- Pattern recognition/data mining/optimization methods in Bioinformatics
- Visualization of large biological data sets
CI in Computational Biology
- Systems and synthetic biology
- Structure prediction and folding
- Modelling, simulation, and optimization of biological systems
- Biological network reconstruction/robustness/evolvability
CI in Biomedical Engineering, Bioprocessing and Healthcare Informatics
- Medical imaging and pattern recognition
- Biomedical data modelling/data mining/model parametrization
- Parallel/high performance computing
- Big data analysis and tools for biological and medical data
- Biomarker discovery and development
- Health data acquisition/analysis/mining
- Healthcare information systems/knowledge representation/reasoning
- Personalized medicine and treatment optimization
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Closed-loop optimization methods/platforms
- After the conference, prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts to a Special Issue in “Deep Learning for Genomics/Bioinformatics” to be published in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
- All works presented at the event and related to other topics will be invited to submit for a Special Issue on IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
- Jul 29, 2019 — Proceedings
- Jul 10, 2019 — Photos
- Apr 28, 2019 — IMPORTANT & URGENT: Beware of phishing calls/emails!
- Feb 16, 2019 — Two Special Issues
- Dec 17, 2018 — Special Issue on IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
- Dec 6, 2018 — The Call-for-Papers of IEEE CIBCB 2019 is now available.
Special Session Chair
Other Speakers: TBA