IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology has become a major technical event in the field of Computational Intelligence and its application to problems in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, chemical informatics, bioengineering and related fields. It provides a global forum for academic and industrial scientists to discuss and present their latest research findings from theory to applications.
CIBCB 2019 (https://cibcb2019.icas.xyz/) will be held in Certosa di Pontignano (Siena), Tuscany (Italy) in July 9th-11th.
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers of 2 to 4 pages (short papers) or of 5 to 8 pages (complete papers) in IEEE conference format, including results, figures and references. Papers must be in PDF and written in English. Detailed instructions and templates for preparing your manuscript can be found here:
The deadline for paper submission is by March 1, 2019.
Each paper will be peer-reviewed. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper at the conference.
All papers must be submitted via the EasyChair online submission system.
- After the conference, prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts to a Special Issue in “Deep Learning for Genomics/Bioinformatics” to be published in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
- All works presented at the event and related to other topics will be invited to submit for a Special Issue on IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
IEEE CIBCB 2019 enters all accepted papers into a Best Paper Competition. All conference attendees will have the chance to vote in the Competition on site. The best judged paper/presentation will win a prize and featured on the IEEE CIBCB 2019 website.
Interested authors are also invited to submit special session proposals, which should contain a title, motivation and scope as well as a biosketch of the organizers, to Prof. Barbara Di Camillo by email (Email: email@example.com).
- Special sessions submissions: November 10, 2018
- Paper Submission: March 1, 2019
- Final paper submission: May 31, 2019
The conference will consist of three days of conference sessions. We invite submissions of papers on all topics related to Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology including real-world applications for the Conference Proceedings by IEEE.
Topics of Interest
The last five-year period has seen a impressive revolution in the theory and application of computational intelligence. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
CI in Bioinformatics
- Single cell and bulk transcriptomics
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in bioinformatics
- Regulatory networks reconstruction/robustness/evolvability
- MicroRNA analysis
- Molecular sequence alignment and analysis
- Pattern recognition/data mining/optimization methods in Bioinformatics
- Visualization of large biological data sets
CI in Computational Biology
- Metabolic pathway analysis
- Modelling, simulation, and optimization of biological systems
- Biological network
- Structure prediction and folding
CI in Biomedical Engineering, Bioprocessing and Healthcare Informatics
- Biomedical data modelling/data mining/model parametrization
- Biomarker discovery and development
- Personalized medicine and treatment optimization
- Big data analysis and tools for biological and medical data
- Health data acquisition/analysis/mining
- Healthcare information systems/knowledge representation/reasoning
- Parallel/high performance computing
- Medical imaging and pattern recognition
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Closed-loop optimization methods/platforms
We particularly encourage submissions in emerging topics of high importance for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
All papers must be submitted using EasyChair by March 1, 2019.
Any questions regarding the submission process can be sent to conference organizers: